Applying for a Z type visa

Applying for Z type of visa

  1. What is Z type of visa?

    The purpose of Z type of visa is for visiting China for employment of commercial performances.

  2. Who arranges the visa and what is the process? Who will pay for the visa fee and ?

    China Plus together with our Chinese partner will assist you with the Visa application, however you will need to carry the fees yourself.

    Filling in the application form – Interview via Skype – Making an introduction video – Matching with a school – Collecting documents – Receiving work a permit – Assisting you with Visa application at your local Chinese Embassy – get departure training from China Plus – Start to work in China.

  3. How far in advance should I submit my visa application?

    YYou should apply well in advance before the planned travel date. You are advised to apply one month in advance, but no earlier than three months.

    Visa processing time varies with location. Please visit the local Visa centre website for the processing time. However, you should be aware that in certain circumstances actual processing time may be longer than that posted on the website.

  4. Is an appointment required to submit the application?

    To ensure a smooth operation and smooth out the flow of applicants over the working day, we strongly encourage you to make an appointment well in advance for submitting a Visa application. Before you visit the local Chinese embassy, our staff will always send you some important information for helping you to apply for a Chinese Visa.

  5. Is it permitted for someone else to submit my application to the Visa Centre on my behalf?

    Generally speaking, you should submit your application in person and collect your passport with an issued Visa. If circumstances prevent you from doing so (e.g. Illness), you may entrust someone else to do it for you (no need to provide a power of attorney) providing that you have prepared all the documents required and signed the application form.

  6. When should I collect my passport?

    The date for collecting your passport is shown on the pick-up form issued to you on the day of application. The Visa centre will inform you of any changes or delays in processing or delivering of your passport. In this case the centre will let you know of the new return or pick up date for your passport. If your passport is ready for pick up, you can do so and pay the fee required at the Visa centre. Please note that the Chinese Embassy or Consulate General will return all the passports overdue for collection to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General after the expiry of a Visa; or 365 days after the refusal or issuing of the Visa application.

  7. What if I lost my pick-up form?

    If you lost your pick-up form, you must come in person to collect your passport. Kindly present your photo identity card to the Centre’s staff for verification. Only after the Visa Centre confirms your identity card can the passport be released. If for any reason you are not able to collect the documents yourself, you can send a trusted representative to do the pick up. This representative should however be accompanied by a notarised power of attorney letter, stating that this specific person will pick up your documents on your behalf. Please note that this power of attorney should also be accompanied with the person collecting the documents’ identity card as well as your own identity card..

  8. What shall I do if I find the visa issued on my passport is wrong?

    If you find any mistakes or errors on your Visa after you have left the Visa Centre, please contact them immediately and follow the instructions given to you.

  9. How long does it take to process a visa if I submit my application at the Visa Centre in person?

    A Visa typically takes four working days to process, that is if all the accompanying documents meet the requirements.

  10. Can I extend the duration of stay of my visa in China

    You may apply for an extension of the “duration of stay” of your Visa at a local public security authority before it expires, but without an assumption that the application will be automatically approved. Overstaying violates the laws of China and you will be punished.

  11. Could you tell me what articles can I bring into China as a passenger?

    Kindly visit the website of China Customs for details.

China Plus gebruikt vookies for zowel functionele als marketingdoeleinden. Bij verder gebruik van deze site, gaat men akkoord met het gebruik van deze cookies. Voor meer informatie, zie ons privacybeleid